Friday, August 31, 2007

standard answer


Happy Merdeka Day !!!

Today is Malaysia’s 50th Birthday and technically I’ve celebrated Merdeka for the 22nd times.
Frankly, I can’t give the meaning of Merdeka other than “bebas dr cengkaman penjajah”.

Jawapan standard.

Basically, I defined Merdeka as freedom, peace and developed. Kita ‘free’ dr segala bentuk cengkaman termasuk ekonomi & social, hdup aman damai tanpa perang dan hidup dlm kemajuan. Itu definition aku utk merdeka.

Few weeks ago, while I was driving back, I listen to an advertisement on the radio about Malaysian contribution to the country. Then I asked myself
“Whats my contribution to the nation?”
....by Voting [not yet]?
....Be a nice citizen [I am]?
....Buy Malaysian products [sometimes]?
....Pay summons that I got [haven’t got 1]?
What did I do that actually help this country? Hermm…I’m clueless but I believe there must be something that I’ve done for the nation. [??!!!]

I know that I will definitely feel Merdeka, if I manage to graduate on time [insyallah…] (MY MAIN GOAL)

Me and few friends a.k.a classmates met a Career Counselor yesterday’s morning at the HEP. It was a 2 hours session and after the meeting I kinda certain with what I’m going to do after I graduate. We had to sit for a test “Psychometric Testing; Inventori Minat Kerjaya” beforehand. I believed that I’ve taken that test back in my school years ( Form 3 if I’m not mistaken) and I remember that Pn. Faridah (my school counselor) told me that teaching suit my personality. But after almost 8 years, I took the same test, I’ve changed. During the pre session [or initial?], I told her that I’m more to administrative and management kind of working field and surprisingly, the test result told almost the same. She did give several suggestions and I’m now know and certain on what my future career is.

it was a great experience for me as a counseling students where i actually to attend such session and get involved in the process.

I am now so eager to complete my degree program and start to join others in the ‘real world’.
But first, I have to make sure that I submit my Thesis this 24/9 and hopefully I do well in my final examination.

~Amiinnnn~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hayatilah hari merdeka dengan erti kemerdekaan yang sebenar...

irArOx said...

aku rase bgs la kte g jmp cselor 2. kan wa? hehe

Lucca D Jiwa said...

salam.. selamat menyambut ramadhan... jangan tuang puasa lak.. hahaha...